Thread: MHS - Recommended sizes and combinations of parts

Default MHS - Recommended sizes and combinations of parts

OK for a Basic design I see you can choose a handle (with hole) blade Holder and Pommel (although look small on the Builder tool they are not)
    If you wanted to be creative and join extensions and spacers etc to make the design look more detailed although look great on the Builder can in reality become a Saber for a giants hand lol

Are there recommendation for which parts are best suited to (the question is more related to size than styles):
    1 Cell NB setup
    2 Cell PC
    or
    2 Cell CF7 with Cex
    How long will each set-up be will diameters be the same?
    I think I see side by side battery packs and acrylics are they better suited to some build (space)

If you use extensions will the inside be flush and OK for acrylic/pipe chassis?
    If you use lots of short extensions will the handle be secure and strong enough would a shroud be needed to strengthen?

For example, the below looks nice but is rather large

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

See my replies in red

Quote Originally Posted by v1b1n View Post
    OK for a Basic design I see you can choose a handle (with hole) blade Holder and Pommel (although look small on the Builder tool they are not)
    If you wanted to be creative and join extensions and spacers etc to make the design look more detailed although look great on the Builder can in reality become a Saber for a giants hand lol

Are there recommendation for which parts are best suited to (the question is more related to size than styles):
    1 Cell NB setup
    2 Cell PC
    or
    2 Cell CF7 with Cex

No. It partially depends on what you are planning on using for the battery solution, and other things you want to cram into the hilt.

How long will each set-up be will diameters be the same? Most internal diameters are 1.25", except for the chokes and the ribbed extensions
    I think I see side by side battery packs and acrylics are they better suited to some build (space)

If you use extensions will the inside be flush and OK for acrylic/pipe chassis? For the most part, yes.
    If you use lots of short extensions will the handle be secure and strong enough would a shroud be needed to strengthen?
    You would probably need a shroud. I don't know why you would string a bunch of small parts together though.

For example, the below looks nice but is rather large

SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    Though it's not completely up to date, You can look through this:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...System-aka-MHS
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-16-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    See my replies in red

Though it's not completely up to date, You can look through this:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...System-aka-MHS
    Yes I saw those thanks, the small pic on the tread was something I pieced together on the Builder, it is made from extensions, it looks pretty but is too big I think, using main body pommel and blade holder are too plain for my tastes

How long should they be for 1 and 2 cells using NB or CF with Cex be approx (thinking biggest and smallest build)

It depends on many things, which type of battery pack, how you are laying out your internals, etc. There is no fixed length.

Quote Originally Posted by v1b1n View Post
    using main body pommel and blade holder are too plain for my tastes
    I've made some decently designed sabers with very few parts. It's all in how you design things.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I start with what my guts (electronics) are NB, PC, battery, speaker, switches, and if the RC port is in the pommel, or in the hilt somewhere. The saber builder gives a good fix on what you will have to look forward to on the inside.
    If you are new, start with a basic design and go from there (MO) that way you get an idea of what installing electronics in these tiny tubes does to ones brain (kaboom...sometimes)
    Again all the opinion I can give that and read read read
    good luck on your build, I would like to see it in progress. Maybe a build log

Well I plan to build a cf7.5 with Cex etc but parts are not obtainable for that currently so I was thinking of making the hilt and shrouds, constructing the chassis and playing with parts to construct a crystal chamber but as there is no eta for sound boards I might build a lesser sabre to wet the whistle, it's will greatly simplify my plans and project using a NB but I'm sure it will still be rewarding and it's still experience just a smaller design, the only thing I don't like is the look of the saver using less parts, I need to talk to someone in the saber shop to plan/order. It's going to be a bit of an experiment with things, I guess I can still construct the chamber, I want to play with acid etching, I saw an interesting video using vinegar on you tube