Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upgraded saber: The Sage V2

Quote Originally Posted by XarovitRost View Post
    so just a quick question. am i correct that to use two of the colors they are just spliced into the board as one? I have ordered a tri rebel(rb/b/w) and want to mix the royal blue and white for a silver blade look, and read on other forums that was the way to go.
    '

Parallel wiring is more like wiring that is shaped like a "Y" - bottom goes to board, and the branches go to one LED each (with resistors). One "Y" for the (+) and one "Y" for the (-).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

awesome yea thats what i meant. the army has destroyed my vocabulary haha. also am i correct that the PC is the only way to run the white led because the resistor guide says that 3.6/3.7v is not enough voltage but the NB and prizm maxs voltage at 5.5? i have looked at so many posts about getting this together but cant find the right thread to answer my questions.
    Last edited by XarovitRost; 12-02-2014 at 12:46 AM.

You can run the white with a NB, you will just need to use a Power Extender (PEX). The wiring for this is also covered in the manual.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com