Thread: First Timer..

Default First Timer..

Trying to build a saber, no idea on how to build the electronics or power supply. All for a MHS blade.
    Parts: PCv3, both clash and motion sensors, 2W 28MM Bass Speaker, Latching Guarded Switch, 4AA Battery holder.
    Resistors: 2.2 ohm 5w X2 (red and royal blue)
    Led: RoyalB/Red/Green Luxeon Tri-Rebel (trying for a royal purple)
    Well? Do I have enough power? The right resistors?

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

You don't need to buy clash and motion sensors, the PC has them included on the board.

You would need the 3.3 Ohm 5W resistors for Blue and Green dies. I STRONGLY recommend you read through the PC manual first (in the store - where the card is listed), and take your time and read through the forums. I'm not sure why you are using 4AA's, you would be better off with a Li-ion pack.

I also see you posted this on FX-Sabers.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So I need to use the green die? Interesting. And I got the resistor for red right? Alright. Now what battery should I use from the li-ion group? 3.7v or 7.4v? I'm thinking 7.4v is overkill, right? Thanks.

yes read, read and then read some more manuals and forums. Not only will you learn what to do but you will see the mistakes of others and know what NOT to do. Also like FJK said a Li-ion pack would be better. Who wants to keep buying AA? Also for a first timer if you haven't had much experience with wiring and solder on circuit boards (the wires and boards are probably smaller than you think)I might suggest a nano biscotte. if they are in stock that is. If you are comfortable with the wiring by all means get the PC3. I have a Nano and a CF and while the CF is awesome it also made me appreciate the little Nano it really is a good little board.

Definitely read the manual for the PC. When you've read it thoroughly and understand everything in it, you'll have enough knowledge to answer all of the questions that you've asked.

The manual has detailed instructions on how to calculate resistors, where they're needed (and where they aren't), what power supply is needed, wiring diagrams, etc. Read through it a few times (don't just skim it, actually READ it), and then come ask any remaining questions you have.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!