Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Help wanted - Sourcing Parts in UK/Europe troubles, advice and general pointers

Cool then, nice work and thank you for sharing them

Hi Fender,
    I see this like what you do too, I think I may have saw this at the start and thought yes make something like that

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=19120.0

Hi Fender
    I have bought some fibre optics, perspex rod, perspex sheet, thread all and nuts and aluminium tubing to play around with chassis designs will have to tap the tubes on some to feed wires and optics etc, play around with it come up with designs
    Where do you get bits and bobs from, are there key words to search on for bling bits and crystal holders etc?

Basically you just scavenge through your local electronic or hardware store and look for things that might fit your needs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Find old junk, broken things that people toss out with their trash, defective electronics, whatever catches your eye. Dismantle the things and look for pieces that look interesting. You're building an artistic sculpture, use what looks right and feels right. Don't be afraid to modify things to suit your purposes.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

PC3 Wiring.jpg

As The Crystal Focus is a long way off I have done another wiring diagram, this time for a PC build, I think I got it right, it would be great if you guys could look it over and confirm or point out anything I got wrong or missed

I don't see any wiring for the RICE sort or the rumble motor.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

No I know, I didn't add it as was other side of board, page 39 of the manual is what I would do