Thread: New guy needs some help!

Default New guy needs some help!

Ok, I'm planing on trying to replicate the AOTC Anikin Skywalker lightsaber and cant seem to get the design to come out right in the builder. So, I'm looking for suggestions as to a parts list. I already came up with my electronics list, but hilt, emitter, pummel and extras I can't really figure out. Also with the activation boxes, can a switch go inside and be activated by the cover or do I need to put the switch in another location?

Thanks for the help!

If you don't want to do a lot of custom work or deal with rubber grips, you would be looking for something along these lines...
    Anakin (AotC).jpg

But with a different Blade Holder (see below)

MPS Pommel Style 11
    LED Blade Holder Style 17
    MHS Extension Blank Style 1
    5 inch Fluted Double Female Threaded Connector
    Activation Box Style 7
    The above statements GREATLY depends on what battery solution as well as what sound card you plan on using to run your saber. Limitations will probably apply. Your mileage may vary. Any visual impairments are the sole responsibility of the saber builder/user. - Forgetful Jedi Knight

I actually was planing on the grips, just not the extra screws and lights since I don't see a way to do them easily. That does look pretty close, thanks, been having issues with the builder system, so it made it a bit more difficult. As far as the boxes go, can the switch be wired in to them, or would it need to be some where else on the saber and leave the box for decorative purposes?

I noticed that Activation Box 7 isn't in the shop any longer, it is 8 now. The box does have a hole in the bottom for wiring, but it is really up to you on how much work you want to put into it. I know there are different ways to try to accomplish this idea, but the easiest solution might be to place the switch elsewhere and have the box be there to complete the look. Otherwise, you would have to consider if you want to have to slide the plate off to activate the saber. I think there were also some posts about drilling holes in the plates or in the side of the box, but I don't recall how long ago or by whom.

With regard to the rubber grips, there are a couple of options there too. You might want to skip the fluted section and go for some custom milling service depending on which grip type you like better. Explore the shop to see the options available.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Services-C50.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gr...-rings-C6.aspx
    The above statements GREATLY depends on what battery solution as well as what sound card you plan on using to run your saber. Limitations will probably apply. Your mileage may vary. Any visual impairments are the sole responsibility of the saber builder/user. - Forgetful Jedi Knight