Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Might as well

Default Might as well

Well this is actually my second thread figured I can make of of these too. Anyways I'm building a small stunt saber for a friend of mines child who is sick as one of his dreams just ordered the electronics today acutally. Hope to learn a few things around here.

My real name is David
    Former military
    One daughter and a wife
    3 dogs and a mustang.

I'll change my profile pic at some point.

Welcome to the Forums!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Welcome to the party, brother. Former soldier here too.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Welcome, I look forward to your build!

Welcome looks like I may be the first to let you know this hobby may be addictive ......okay there is no "maybe". It really is. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Always good to see new builds now and then, keeps the brain working on new ideas

I'm already looking at a second build but not until I've got the first done.

Thats how it happens, I am pulling the parts together for my first build...but have plans for a total of four already.

Heh. I remember the feeling. One saber is cool, but you can't duel when you're the only one. Gotta have a second one for sparring practice. And then someone else wants to join in...and another...

Why is my pocketbook empty again? /me looks at Pelican case full of sabers
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Heh. I remember the feeling. One saber is cool, but you can't duel when you're the only one. Gotta have a second one for sparring practice. And then someone else wants to join in...and another...

Why is my pocketbook empty again? /me looks at Pelican case full of sabers
    *BIG Smile, Great so I guess its not one saber its 10 or 12. Lol Just kidding, I am really enjoying getting the knowledge to do this.