Thread: quick lens question

Default quick lens question

Hopefully going to place the order to finish my double bladed saber in the next 2-3 days and wanted to ask a quick question. Since the lens holders were currently out of stock at the time I posted this I planned to use an old 5 degree lens and holder from a few years back until the good stuff comes in. my question is this, would the 5 degree lens work until the holders come back into stock and I can get a good one or should I just spring for the 8 degree lens and be done with it? also if i went the route of buying the 8 degree lens would it work with the older lens holders? just wanted to get some opinions before i ordered.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

The 8 degree lenses will fit in the same holders as the 5 degree lenses. There were some minor differences between the Seoul P4 lens holders and the Rebel lens holders, but nothing you couldn't adjust with a needle file and a few minutes of work.

Go ahead and grab one of the 8 degree lenses. You can swap it in an out of the holder you have and see which lens you prefer.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

cool. the one i have is a rebel star from my original sink tube saber. thankfully when it crapped out i didn't toss out the old parts. I figured it wouldn't matter but wanted to double check since I didn't remember the shop having the 8 degree lenses back then. welp now to order some parts.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.