Thread: sith hilt

Default sith hilt

I find it very hard to design a sith hilt does anyone any tips?

This is what I came up with but I don't know if I'm satisfied enough.

sithsabertestggggt.jpg

if you guys have any suggestion give send your design or something in the thread pls

Well if it's possible, it's never a bad idea to make a shroud or overlay from chrome sink tubes
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I think you're off to a great start. If you're looking for more details or elements to add to the design, I would add shrouds over the main body. Jay-Gon Jinn's shroud work always inspires me, but don't be afraid to incorporate elements from video games, cartoons, and other saber smiths into your own work.

Looking at that design, I like it quite a bit as is. Its simple and lethal. You're already off to a great start.

Thank you

I will look into that just hoping it isn't to hard to do.

One question. What do you mean by a "Sith Hilt"? For example, Darth Sidius, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader all had very different hilts.

I believe he means with inspired hilt... Just like there are different sports cars out there, but each sports car is unique, so it is with lightsabers... there are characteristics that lend a lightsaber to be a "sith lightsaber" just like there are cars that are sports cars and muscle cars...

and like cars there are lightsabers that have qualities of both and are somewhere in the middle
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

by sith it would appear the dark coloring. that alone doesn't equate to sith but i could see a sith using something like his design. If you're not satisfied with what you have then I would consider removing the main body and experimenting with some different extension parts and what not. It's not required that you use a main body piece if you don't want to, but they're there if you do. Another option would be to go with a smooth main body and then perhaps do some custom grips. Such as take a bit of rubber and cut it into a pattern you like and then glue that to the hilt. You could also experiment with some of the different O-rings and grips sold on the site or even make some of your own. You could perhaps do a choke near the pummel and extend the hilt slightly to give the illusion it could be a double bladed lightsaber just for intimidation factor. Those are just some ideas I came up with off the top of my head. Best piece of advice i can give is don't limit yourself. Your sabers are for the most part only limited by your budget and your imagination.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar-Gnar Gin View Post
    I believe he means with inspired hilt... Just like there are different sports cars out there, but each sports car is unique, so it is with lightsabers... there are characteristics that lend a lightsaber to be a "sith lightsaber" just like there are cars that are sports cars and muscle cars...

and like cars there are lightsabers that have qualities of both and are somewhere in the middle
    Agreed. The problem is that unless we know what characteristics of a saber the OP considers is needed to look like a sith saber, we can't know what to suggest. Is it just that it is black? Is it that it has a red blade? Is it that it needs to look vicious without the blade ignited?

The things that make a saber look "sith" to me are hard angles, sharp edges, and pointy bits. Dark coloring and a red blade help as well.

Soft curves and organic lines have more of a jedi feel to me. But that's my opinion, and yours may vary.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!