Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New guy odd setup/ request

And the resistor would be a 1.4watt 1 ohm resistor using the 1000ma buckpuck right? Or am I doing the calculation wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 31bravo View Post
    And the resistor would be a 1.4watt 1 ohm resistor using the 1000ma buckpuck right? Or am I doing the calculation wrong
    A resistor is not needed with a buck puck,

A 3.7v battery from the shop needs a resistor as it is not powerful enough to power the buck puck...
    a 7.4v battery can use either option, but doesn't need to use a resistor
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

You wouldn't need the buck puck. The resistor would be .47 Ohm .5W IF we are still talking about a blue blade.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ah ok great. Thanks guys looks like.i just need to.place an order now

Well some electronic parts have started to come in and we might be making a few changes. We might try and do a fully functioning I guess you call it a shoto with a NB V2 and a single 18500 with the bass speaker. However looking at the manuals and others diagrams I'm a bit confused does the led need a resistor when using a NB? Some Diagrams have one and some do not. Though on the manual it shows a 3 ohm 5 watt resistor.

I have yet to order any body parts as of yet just a 9v, inline switch, buck Puck and the single led rebel for testing/ measuring.
    Last edited by 31bravo; 10-01-2014 at 10:31 PM.

For simplicity's sake, use a resistor... you can look up the drive parameter, but life is a lot easier if you just resist the LED

Don't use a 9v battery. While they have plenty of voltage, they don't put out enough current to run a high-powered LED. At best, you'll have 5-15 minutes of a dim blade.

Use li-ions or AA sized alkaline batteries instead.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The 9v is just for testing while I get the rest of the parts in it will not be the final product. I will be using a 18500 for final assembly.

the problem is you need a dif resistor for the 9v vs. the 18500 if memory serves me correctly...

I'll be using a buck Puck for testing since I will be using it in a second build anyways.