Thread: Saber Parts

Default Saber Parts

So I'm building a saber, go figure, and I just want to make sure I've got things going in the right direction.

Have:
    Heiland flash
    MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 5
    LEDENGIN (from Ultra Sabers http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm) Don't ask why
    Switch

Need:
    Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2
    NB V2 MWS Header and Wiring Harness
    MHS speaker and 2x AA battery holder

Not Sure:
    Clash Sensor SW-18020P
    Swing Sensor SW-200D

What I want it to do is this:
    Hum
    Swing Sound when swung
    Clash sound when hit (light up if possible)

Thanks in advance for the help.

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

You won't need the clash or swing sensors. The sound cards that are sold here (and all PL sound cards) handle that quite nicely already. You'll also need a momentary switch.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Fast reply! Thank you! So scratch the two sensors and add a momentary switch. My only woe now then is the battery holder. Any advice as far has which one to go with to keep it clean and possibly incorporate in to a crystal chamber?

It depends. Usually most use Li-ion battery "packs" (though the ones the NB use are really just a single cell).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

So I will have to hold the button down to use it? Can't go with latching?

No, you won't have to hold the button down, and no it's not designed to work with latching switches. For the most part, the store is phasing out latching switches.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

The electronics in the Nano Biscotte require a momentary switch. Don't worry though, the board will keep the blade and sound on until you press the button a second time.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Sorry for my ignorance. I was reading about momentary switches and freaked out a bit. Thanks for clarifying!