Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noob question about soldering tools

you may need to custom order that bad boy, i've never seen tim stock that...a certain led supply store has custom star options...
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kato View Post
    The LED I was hoping to find would be RED/AMBER/WHITE. So the options in this shop is all that are available for the tri rebel LED? I dont know much about mixing colors, im still really new to this stuff. Would I still be able to wire up a FOC if im using all three dice to achieve the orange color?
    The options in the store are all the store offers, not what can be purchased elsewhere. Unless you use a soundboard that can color mix, like the petit crouton 3.0 and the color extender, you will be stuck using one led for the flash, and the other two for the blade color if you use a nano biscotte.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

OK that's what I thought. Thank you for the help guys. I'm hoping to get this project started very soon. With the R/G/B tri rebel I'd have to decide between cyan with red flash, or purple with green flash. Both would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kato View Post
    OK that's what I thought. Thank you for the help guys. I'm hoping to get this project started very soon. With the R/G/B tri rebel I'd have to decide between cyan with red flash, or purple with green flash. Both would be pretty cool.

Some one can correct me if I'm wrong. With my experience with the NBv2 the FOC is on top of the main blade color. I mixed a G/G/rB tri-rebel for cyan with a green FOC. The green flashes over the cyan giving me a light-ish green color not true green. All three colors mixed for the FOC. Something to keep in mind when deciding on colors.

That is correct.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by sks1138 View Post
    Some one can correct me if I'm wrong. With my experience with the NBv2 the FOC is on top of the main blade color. I mixed a G/G/rB tri-rebel for cyan with a green FOC. The green flashes over the cyan giving me a light-ish green color not true green. All three colors mixed for the FOC. Something to keep in mind when deciding on colors.
    I was wondering about that. I wasn't sure if when FOC activated, the other colors cut out or if it mixed with the others. So now that we have that figured out, dose anyone know what color you get if you mix R/G/B together?

Basically white.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

OK cool, thank you all for the help.

I really need some help. ive disassembled my anakin Hasbro saber and im stuck. for some reason i can desolder the contacts on the circuitboars to wire up the new luxeon and clash sensor. i have a 60w iron set to 850 degrees and it wont melt the soldering on the board from the factory. am i doing something wrong?