Thread: V5 speaker holder with style 13 pommel insert

Question V5 speaker holder with style 13 pommel insert

Has anyone ever tried to use the V5 speaker holder with pommel insert style 13? Any ideas how I can get the wires from the recharge and rice ports in the pommel insert around behind the speaker holder? My only thought is to mill or file away some channels on the outside of the speaker holder for the wires to pass through, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. I have some of Erv's wire to use, so that's about 28 gauge, so maybe that's small enough to fit if I create some small channels? Thoughts?

That's exactly how you would need to do it. It's not an easy operation, plus you'll have the additional fun of trying to keep the wires "straight" when you put the pommel on.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

My hope would be that I would have enough room in the channels to heat shrink the wires running through that channel together.

A) Like you said, to help keep them straight, and
    B) protect the wires from the threads when assembling/disassembling.