Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My latest Ripper Blades

This looks awesome Ripper!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

While these look great a blade like this made out of acrylic would be a liability since acrylic is not strong like polyc and when it breaks it can shatter and have sharp jagged edges.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

These are not made for battle. They are for cosplay. Just like a blaster. I have polycard ones but only work in 12w sabers. Polycard sucks at this thickness for light.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I figured as much.. I just wanted to inform others in case they wanted to build one. They do look very nice Ripper.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Those are beautiful.

To Tim, I as well as many others would like to see this in the store as a show blade.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I just say these blades on facebook (Shared from Saberforge, I think) a day or two ago. Very nice work. Maybe Tim could sell as these blades, or the martial to make one. Though I would think shipping an acrylic blade would require some extra care.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

You would still see light from certain angles - which is why "black blades" don't work here in the real world.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Could just not install an LED and paint the blade black.

To quote a fellow Mod here:

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Unless you have a working prototype with accompanying photos and build log, do NOT create or update any thread concerning "Black" lightsaber blades.

There has been more than enough theorycrafting and fanboy supposition about black blades.

Light does not work that way.

It's physics.
    It has been that way for a very long time and will not change any time soon.
    Please stop posting about it.

All it does is make people angry.
    And if this thread doesn't get back on track, I WILL clean it and lock it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Sorry I was just making a joke. Anywho those ripper blades would be great for cosplaying alot of characters