Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: First Saber Ever. Parts list inside. Help please, and thanks in advance.

What LED and battery are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

3.7V 3400mAh Battery with Blue Luxeon Rebel Star (1000mA)

Quote Originally Posted by DopeChicken View Post
    3.7V 3400mAh Battery with Blue Luxeon Rebel Star (1000mA)
    I personally would put a .47 Ohm .5W resistor on it just to be safe, plus it's cheaper than replacing the LED.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

It's been a while since this was completed but I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the help. I think there were at least two of you. Silver Serpent and Forgetful Jedi Knight, couldn't have done it without you two.

In the end the thing that I kept messing up was the two negatives coming off the recharge port. There was one positive coming off of it that was split going to the battery and switch. I found that with the two negatives, one goes to the LED and one goes to the battery, but they are not interchangeable/identical. If wired one way, say Negative A to LED and Negative B to Battery, they saber will not charge, but will discharge (i.e. work properly until the battery is dead), and when plugged in to the charger, both the main LED and the switch LED will flash at full intensity with a frequency of roughly 1 second (but again, it is not charging). And if wired the other way, Negative A to Battery and Negative B to LED, the saber works normally. Just for future reference if anyone else you guys help has a similar problem.

In the TCSS videos and the diagrams you guys helped me with it was not clear which of the negatives on the SwitchCraft recharge ports was which (one has a SW logo, the other does not, I think). Again, not complaining, very grateful, but just for future reference.

So...thanks again!

In any of the sound card manuals, there is a standard diagram of which wires go where for the recharge port. The standalone picture is floating around the forums somewhere I am willing to bet.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines