Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First Saber Ever. Parts list inside. Help please, and thanks in advance.

Waiting for parts now. Thanks again for everything.

Dave

IMG_20141008_215028.jpg

I give up man. I decided to use the "modular wiring system" for my first project. I don't know what is wrong with this. The switch led lights up when the kill key is removed, the main led lights up when connected directly to the battery, but the main led will not light up even when I connect the battery to the resistor to the switch to the Led.

I would need to see a close up of the bottom of the switch to be sure, but I am guessing you don't have it wired right.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DopeChicken View Post
    A "close up" of just the bottom of the switch. The more I zoom, the fuzzier it gets.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You have the main LED plugged into the two switch terminals. There's no power going to the main LED.

The MWS switches are designed to be plugged into a sound board. Did you get the prewired *momentary* or the prewired *latching* switch? If you got the momentary one, you'll want the prewired momentary-to-latching converter. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...rter-P932.aspx

If you have a latching switch, you'll need to get out your wire cutters and soldering iron. Follow the wiring diagram I posted earlier, and you'll be up and running in no time.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Wimped out and bought the MWS buckpuck. I'll solder next time. Thanks again for all the help. Still working on a blade though. Bought the thin waled trans white with the white pointed tip, not too pleased with it but have to try some diffuser tecniques withe some clear wrap from micheals. I'll probably just post pics up on the gallery thread after that is done.

Really appreciate the help though. Thanks guys.

_20141014_180009.jpg

_20141014_175723.jpg

_20141014_175906.jpg

_20141014_175840.jpg

Good Job! Very creative!