Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wring problems and learning experiences

You either have a short somewhere, or something in your wiring came loose.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

sooo i just took it apart, desoldered everything, and then put it back and it still is constantly lit up. Can anyone narrow down where the problem could be? I would assume it be the switch but, like I said, I took all of that apart and then soldered it back

Check the switch contacts with a multimeter. Occasionally a dud switch gets through the manufacturer, and they can break in either the "Always On" or "Always Off" position. It's not common, but it can happen.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

We would also need good close up pictures of your wiring to help look things over for you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I just ordered a buck puck, to see if that might help simplify things for me. I will try and upload pictures of the wiring once I receive it and hook it up.

I really appreciate all the kind support from all you guys! It's really rare, and pleasant to find a helpful community which does not rail on newbies.

Good news! Got my parts and put it together and now it works! Thank you guys so much for your help.