Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TheSilverDark's First Build...Ever...

Default TheSilverDark's First Build...Ever...

Well all my parts (that I actually remembered to order) came in yesterday for my saber! I was really excited!....then I realized I forgot the heat sink....but anywho, I decided to start building anyways.
    For the electronics I'm using a white Luxeon Star, 1000ma BuckPuck, a latching switch, and a 18650 pack. For the heat sink I was planing on using a copper cap to act as the heat sink as well as a holder....anyone wanna stop me from blowing my hand off?
    For the external beauty parts I'm using pretty much all sink tube parts, a few painted slip joints and the blade holder style 19 (it looks amazing Tim thanks!). In addition to those I have a covertech clip for fun . For now I'm off to go perform some dremel-fu! Wish me luck!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Nah, copper caps work just fine as heatsinks in hardware sabers. Best of luck in your build, and looking forward to seeing pics!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks Serpent. I didn't actually get a lot done yesterday cause of school and gym, but I intend to do some work today...and thanks for the advice on the copper cap I was a bit nervous about that.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

image.jpgimage.jpgWell this has turned into more of a "half-way there" thread. I've cut out my shroud and my body! All I need to do is make the chassis, wire the electronics, and paint the slip joints then I can put it all together! Really excited.

looks like some nice clean cutts you got there! i cant tell if thats all chrome or did you sand it down to make it copper color. either way looks great.

Looking good so far. Be sure to sand the sharp edges of those cutouts, or you'll need to wear gloves with that saber.

Unless you like using blood as a weathering agent on your saber...
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Naw, its all chrome, its just reflecting from the table

Hmm....blood as a weathering agent >, and I already sanded those edges to its all good . I finished painting the slip joints so I will have to do some glueing later but when the body is done I will post a picture.

Well I finished putting this together and I will be posting some pictures of it. Would you guys mind helping me think of a name and the blade color (Besides red)?

Here's the picture!image.jpg

nice build so far. I think a yellow or cyan would look good with the brass parts. As for the name that has to the makers call IMO as each saber is a personal item. I just think of a charector that would own the saber. Think of how he may have lived when using it, what it was used for, kinda giving it a personality. This helps me a lot when having to name a crafted item.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________