Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Curved hilt

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dregan
    Using an arc welder is stupid simple - the trick is using it well.
    using a mig welder or (wire feed), or finding someone that could tig weld would look better. You wouldn't have the splatter as you would with a stick welder. It's also easier to control the heat without melting through.

BLUE 3- Ready

I'm gonna have to try making a curved hilt someday--maybe black with an amber LED blade.
    What is a good way to bend PVC? Would boiling a piece in water make it flexible enough to do the trick?

I wonder if that black Siloflex pipe would work better than PVC.

I think they make some pvc pieces just like the metal sink drains, not sure what the od or id is or even thickness, may have to take a trip to the hardware store.

BLUE 3- Ready

Plenty of good suggestions here!
    This is what I'm kinda thinking:

Sink Tube
    MHS Claw
    MHS emitter and pommel
    and the grey is PVC 45 degree elbows.

Madcow, that curve is awesome! If I could do the same sort of thing with a MHS adapter, that would look much better than the above.

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

should be do-able.

MHS adapter + 1.5" elbow section + MHS adapter.........
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

You only want a curved saber if your planning on dualing your friends in combat Form:2 or Makashi which was used exclusively by several sith aprentices the reason why you will rarely if not ever see a jedi using a curved saber the Form:2 is almost exclusively designed for knight to knight combat a jedi will rarely ever have such a fight and a sith almost exclusively fight jedi so they use Form:2 (fast percise blows) while the jedi use form3 (all defense) form4 (no longer used after Qui Gon Jen's death) form5(all strength) form6 (a little bit of all the forms but master of none) form7(moves that are defensive and offensive at the same time the most demanding of skill of all the forms) this link will explain the differences http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makashi and here is a link that will show the sith who used curved sabers note all were killed form 2 is hopeless against an extreemly agressive attack such as form5 which vader used to disarm and kill dooku however if you made the the saber correctly so the the bend was in the right place on the saber and it didn't have as extreem of an angle like dooku's like 20 to 30 degree bend instead of 45 it could be capable of forms 2 and 3 which might be a pretty formadable light saber being capable of form 2 would definitely be helpful for taking on dual bladed knights or mutiple singles with a single blade.
    http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm click on histories look at asajj ventress darth tyranus and komari vosa

Here is what I had in mind just made this today on CorelDraw12

Just finished it today...

3W. red, rubber grip, aluminum prong, 2 AA batteries, rocker switch.

MC

that is really nice mad. i really like it, wow all this talk about a curved saber is making me hungry for a new saber. soon young padawan!
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

that is a nice one, great job MC.

BLUE 3- Ready