Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Curved hilt

I am working on a curved saber now. I used a J - shaped peice on sink tube. A sink trap actually. I cut the curve to give me the angle I want. I will post pics later this week. I'm pretty happy so far.

MC

Here's a thought - do the relief cuts like JadedMonk, but instead of using a cold wleding putty, do real welds on it. The brass is so thin, I'm pretty sure that even a tiny arc welder will do the trick...

Interesting, just one problem. I would bet that most do not have the tools or the knowledge to do that.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Using an arc welder is stupid simple - the trick is using it well. I'm not there yet.

BUT.

Look up automotive muffler shops in your area. Cut and bend it yourself, then take it there to have them weld it. Most guys will only charge a few bucks for something that small. Take it home and sand it yourself.

After I finish my current project load, I'll start on one of these.

That is where you may have an advantage in Ohio.

You go ask someone in a shop to do anything for you and look to pay AT LEAST hourly rate which could be 75 bucks easy.

So here it is unfinished.

I used the longer J-shaped peice that came with this drain trap. I cut the bottom off the "J" to give me the angle I wanted. I machined aluminum parts to fit the pipe - you could use plastic pipe parts.

Then 2 bolts drilled and tapped to hold my aluminum peice solidly inside the Sink J-pipe.

Next I'll add grips and electronics.

MC

Lookin good MC.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

That is cool, can't wait till it's finished.

BLUE 3- Ready