Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Curved hilt

Default Curved hilt

I have a person asking me to make him a bladed curved saber, so I was wondering if anyone who has done this can post about it. Thanks.

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Curved or Angled?

Pink joints would work well for angled. Curved is a whole 'nother ballpark though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Are we talkin ala Dooku?

I know we have ran over this here and there but never in one spot. This could be interesting.

I did one with the traditional sink pipe fittings but I cut out all the threaded pieces. It was ok but not my favorite.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Curved, angled, just so its bent
    I was thinking along the lines of the angles in yoiaholics saber on this page: http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...t=703&start=30

yeah, this guy, for some reason, wants it as his primary saber, a la dooku, maybie I'll put on a single MHS claw....

Yep, MHS and PVC.

Works well to do the job. We have even bounced around some ideas on bending pipe.

wow that would be hard without a pipe bender or a lathe, because with a lathe you can just machine the parts out and have seperate pieces, but either way it would look cool.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Pipe bender is readily avaliable at HD and such.

might one use the angled approach and put a corrugated tube (sink hose) over the angle piece to achieve a smoother bend in look and feel?
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

I bought mine from RLSA. Rob does a great job with the sabers and his customer service is excellent. If you can't do it yourself he's a great guy to talk to. I'm sure if you went and bought your own curved sections (the ones on my saber are just copper pipes from HD) then rob or tim could machine the other parts for you.

One other option in randomsabers. They just started a pipe bending endevor. Ryan is currently offering curved practice sabers (stunt sabers with no room for electronics but can hold a blade). These are probably the closest thing you will ever get to a true curved saber and they look really cool.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'