Thread: Nano Biscotte V2 wiring /w noob FOC question.

Default Nano Biscotte V2 wiring /w noob FOC question.

So I am new to the saber scene and I am planing my first build.
    I am looking to wire the nano biscotti v2 with the additional FOC.
    Been studying the manuals (and this great diagram below,) am I correct that the negative and positive on the board will have to have 3 wires coming off them? is that actually possible with how much current will be drawn?
    NanoBiscottev20FoCRPDiagramSetup_zpsff601498.jpg
    Thanks in advance for any wisdom
    Anakin: "The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt."
    Obi-Wan: "Chancellor Palpatine is a politician."

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

Ideally you wouldn't have all three wires terminate at the solder pad, you would branch them more like a tree. Depending on which color LED's you will use, all three will get slightly less voltage while you have FoC running.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    First off, Welcome to the Forums.

Ideally you wouldn't have all three wires terminate at the solder pad, you would branch them more like a tree. Depending on which color LED's you will use, all three will get slightly less voltage while you have FoC running.
    Firstly thank you so much for the quick response these kind of questions must get old, but i couldn't find the answers anywhere.
    One follow up question about branching them off correctly, do you just solder two wires onto the end of one etc?
    Anakin: "The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt."
    Obi-Wan: "Chancellor Palpatine is a politician."

Quote Originally Posted by SamNeale View Post
    One follow up question about branching them off correctly, do you just solder two wires onto the end of one etc?
    As long as you insulate them (use heat shrink) properly, that's how I typically do it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com