Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring Check, Please?

You're using the prewired recharge port? You'll be fine then. It'll already be wired up properly.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

thank you very much! You and Forgetful Jedi Knight are both very helpful!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.

Ok so just to make sure, because I am very paranoid :3.
    The saber sound will work, along with the Switch LED AND for the switch to perform it's function?
    Lol thanks. Once I have this down, I'll be good
    Thanks!

Yep, looks good. Everything should work fine.

Be sure you remove the SD card while you are soldering, and put it back in with the kill key inserted into your recharge port.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

thank you so much for the advice!

ok so quick question. Not really important to the saber, just a quick stock question. The Nano Biscotte V2 is a very popular sound board. Does Erv have to make double the amount of soundboards for the pre-wired and the regular NB V2? Or is it just first come first serve?
    Also, when will they be re-stocked? It would also be a good idea to put an "In stock" bit so that customers can see how many are left in stock.
    Thanks!

They will be restocked when Tim gets them in. When they run out, they are "out of stock". There have been delays, because I believe there are some small improvements being made, which mean re-designing, new PCB's etc, etc. Patience is a virtue.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you! Yes, I know about patience :P. Thank you for the quick response.

ok so I just realized something XD.
    If I am to wire the switch with the LED's splicing off the white and blue wires, how would I heatshrink that? Can I slide a larger heat shrink OVER the JST connectors and do the soldering then?

You would slip one heat shrink over the (say 2) black wires, solder, and then move the heat shrink into place.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com