Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring Check, Please?

Ok so quick question. The Rebel Star LED and Heatsink Module comes pre wired with a JST connector. The colors are red and black. If I am to use the NB V2 Wiring Harness, with a male connector, would it be ok if I connect the White wire from the Male JST connector to the Red wire? (After wiring resistor) I would then proceed to wire the Black wire to the Blue wire, correct? Or should I just buy a male Red/Black connector, and hook that up to the White/Blue wire on the Wiring Harness? Would that work better?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.

The colors of the wires don't really matter. What matters is that you know which part plus into which connection. The color coding was implemented to help newer people out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

cool! Thanks! I'm not exactly new to circuitry, but starting a lightsaber project is bigger than I usually go. In areas I'm not perfectly familiar with, I like to get all of the details. But that is pretty much it! Once my saber is done, if I get the parts anytime soon, I'll be sure to post some pictures! And I've heard that I need to also watch my wallet... I'll keep a lookout

ok so this is my switch wiring diagram. Will this make the switch perform it's function AND light up? I am using option 3 that you recommended. The yellow wires are connected to the JST leading to the NB V2 Wiring Harness. Legend, as always, is included.
    Wiring Schematic for Switch x Main LED.jpg

Where's the rest of the diagram? The close up is nice, but I would also like to see the ret of it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

alrighty! I'll start working on it! Expect it within the hour

ok I hope this is readable... I'll make a new one if it isn't .
    Wiring Schematic.jpg

Ok labeled wiring schematic, as requested. This one may explain things in a slight bit better way
    alrighty, eagerly awaiting your response and advice. Thanks!Wiring Schematic2.jpg

You have the FoC and ACT pads reversed.

Assuming you wire the recharge port correctly, the rest of it looks fine to me. The recharge port has three terminals, a shared Positive, the Negative to the battery, and the switched Negative for the saber electronics.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh! I see what you mean!
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...Port-P877.aspx
    This is the recharge port I am going to use. It seems that the three connections are already wired. The female connection goes to my battery, and the male connection to the board, right? The shared positive is already soldered, as with the two negatives
    Thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by Yorginsnarff; 09-22-2014 at 11:44 AM.