Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: saber idea I've not seen yet..

I'm also messing around with the idea of a leather grip. I'm thinking woven cords- like the silk on a Katana.

MC

I just keep looking at my knife collection and thinking to myself, "wow, a matching saber would look great with these." Most of my knives/swords are handmade and eather aquired from some gun and knife show here in atlanta or from my dad in alaska. I'm big on leather and wood, mountain-man type of stuff.

Bladecolor is very important because it can eather make or break the whole design. Also, it would be important not to overdo it on the style, not too much stained wood or too much fancy brass (unless, of course, someone else had some better idea in their head). I'll start working on sketches tonight and possibly post some of them to get some feedback. I need to know what can realistically be accomplished.

Any ideas on the electronics inside? I'm still not sure what would be best for this type of design.

Good call on thinking wookie. I never would have thouht of it that way.

has anyone tried this kinda thing.
    http://www.shootinggallerysf.com/Art...00/CK1_104.jpg
    i would love to do something with porcelain or ceramics but i don't have any experience with it.

it would be a strictly show peice. plus i'd hate to bleed over porcelein - it would become too slippy and after one good hit it would probably shatter from the shock. (i usually get cut at least once by my own saber [rots anikin] damn switch houseing box!)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

using porclain would looks sweet but, like you said would be too delicate. also, you would probably mold it directly on the saber but in order to make the porcelain strong, you need to fire it at a very high temp. which would most likely screw up the rest of the saber. not to mention that not too many people know how to work with porcelain and/or have a kiln
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Who had the Captain Nemo wood and brass saber web link? I looked for that a while back and couldn't find it. I think it might be some good inspiration in this case.
    There is no apathy; there is Compassion.
    There is no fear; there is Faith.
    There is no despair; there is Hope.
    There is no hate; there is Love.
    There is no death; there is Christ

Actually Rosewood and Copper/Brass would look nice...
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org