Thread: Chicago.Jedi in costume

Default Chicago.Jedi in costume

I have been bumming around this forum for a while, posting pictures of sabers I have built, but it occurred to me that I have never posted a picture of my full Jedi costume. I recently did some improvements to it and took some pictures so I figured this is a good time to share some pics of my Rebel Legion approved costume.

I did all of the sewing myself. I am a noob to saber smithing but I am very experienced and accomplished in sewing and costume design. The tunic, tabbards, inner tunic, and cloak were all hand made by me. I also hand made the belt and all of the pouches from scratch. The boots are modified Red Wing welders boots. I made the padded collar to make them the proper height for RL approval. The pants are from Walmart (it was just easier that way).

Here is a close up of the saber. It is the first TCSS saber I built and it is still my favorite. I simply call it The Knight. It has a green Rebel Star and NB sound card.

A great costume. Very nice, complimentary saber.

Yes very nice. Love the saber too.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Nice work on the costume...the saber is also looks very nice. Great job on both. Since you are very experienced with costumes, would you mind if I 'PM' you some questions?

I have a simple costume I did but no custom saber yet. Its leather tabbards and obi, did the mock turtle neck shirt style type, its a brown and black color theme for my costume. Black shirt, pants, and belt, then brown tabbards, obi, and boots. =] I'll get a custom saber done eventually though.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Looks really proper...
    Nice Job

If any city needed a Jedi........it's yours. Nice work!
    Peace and passion gives me strength,
    Strength and knowledge give me power,
    Power and serenity gives me balance,
    Through this balance I am set free.
    For this I am labeled grey.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Ever think about joining the Rebel Legion ? - The 501st Legion's sister group

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

The first post said his "Rebel Legion approved costume." ;P

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

1000 pardons, i missed that

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison