Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drawing enough current?

I found a way to get more current using the MR board. I use 2 Energizer 1.5 volt AA batteries, and one 3.6 V lithium battery. I found this battery at a speciality store, and it cost $10! This increases the voltage, and with this arrangement I can get over 600 mA of current. However, the current drops as a function of time. I have not yet determined what the 'floor' is, but I am still playing around with this configuration. Also, I am not sure how advisable it is to mix battery types. I could use 2 of these 3.6 V batteries I suppose.

Do you know if the MR board can handle 7.2 volts?

MythranDir

Ok, ignore what I said in my previous post. The new batteries I bought crapped out after 30 minutes of testing. Geez. I am about out of ideas. It seems the best configuration is 4 batteries, period. I seem to be able to get about 500 mA or so in this configuration. How I will implement this in a MR saber while keeping the same speaker arrangement is beyond me.

MythranDir

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Why go through the trouble though. I make and sell the MR conversions and they seem to run fine off 3aa..Ultra sells them and converts them and does the same thing. The fact is they look just fine, so who cares what the Ma is =) Besides if you are testing it and have 500mA while the LED is hooked up then you are getting the same mA you would be from using 4aa like I showed above.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I agree with you!! It looks great no matter what the multimeter says. I am just going to accept what the MR board can deliver.

MythranDir

did anyone acctually answer the original question[?]

falco13

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Its was more of a statement than a question and it has been debated in all the posts between it and this one.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop