Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switch 22 Question

Default Switch 22 Question

Is there a wiring diagram for the Switch 22? It has four prongs, all the A/V switches and Momentary switches are three prong... Anyone? I am considering this switch for sound font changes. All help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Grab your multimeter and check two adjacent terminals for continuity while the button is pressed. If you don't get continuity on those two terminals, check a different set of two until you get continuity with the button pressed.

1 2
    3 4

Check 1 and 2, and if that doesn't work, try 1 and 3. One of those two combinations should work.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I remember using the 2 prongs on the same "side" of the switch, but definitely use SS's method to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    I remember using the 2 prongs on the same "side" of the switch, but definitely use SS's method to check it.

Amwolf is correct. You use two prongs that are on the same side of the switch to wire it up. You only have to use one side.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Amwolf is correct. You use two prongs that are on the same side of the switch to wire it up. You only have to use one side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Grab your multimeter and check two adjacent terminals for continuity while the button is pressed. If you don't get continuity on those two terminals, check a different set of two until you get continuity with the button pressed.

1 2
    3 4

Check 1 and 2, and if that doesn't work, try 1 and 3. One of those two combinations should work.
    Thanks Silver Serpent, amwolf, and Forgetful Jedi Knight. Great advice. Are they reliable switches once installed?

They're fragile during installation... but haven't had one fail yet once it was in and braced. Get an extra one or two, just in case.

They're fragile during installation... but haven't had one fail yet once it was in and braced. Get an extra one or two, just in case.
    Right I was planning on a few... how did you brace it...considering its being fragile and all.

It depends on your installation. I've used them a few times projecting out the sides of a Box 8, and wedged a piece of plastic tubing from a hobby shop as a brace behind it to the box wall once the switch was set in place. I've another installation where there's nothing behind them, just a wicked snug fit into the card they're setting in, and have had no problems. They don't like twisting, which can happen trying to push them into place, and that's when I've had them come apart. Use a flathead screwdriver (or some such gizmo) to gently convince it into place.

I checked, and of course I've no pictures of the braced install in process. Sorry.

It depends on your installation. I've used them a few times projecting out the sides of a Box 8, and wedged a piece of plastic tubing from a hobby shop as a brace behind it to the box wall once the switch was set in place. I've another installation where there's nothing behind them, just a wicked snug fit into the card they're setting in, and have had no problems. They don't like twisting, which can happen trying to push them into place, and that's when I've had them come apart. Use a flathead screwdriver (or some such gizmo) to gently convince it into place.

I checked, and of course I've no pictures of the braced install in process. Sorry.
    No worries, that still gives me some Ideas. Thank you!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

They will 'snap' into a 13/64" hole. Sometimes, they're a hair loose and some Gorilla glue around the neck takes right care of that. As said, do NOT try turning them once they're in place or they'll break easy. I use a small piece of 1/2" dowel to push them into the hole flat, so there is no twisting.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS