Thread: New Sabersmith (Noobsmith) need a confirmation on electronics. ( a little confused)

Default New Sabersmith (Noobsmith) need a confirmation on electronics. ( a little confused)

Hi,
    So definitely did a ton of reading today on what I might need.

So my question is that I have a red/red/white tri rebel connected to a 700 mA buckpuck with a 9 volt battery.

This is the right buckpuck right?

I was just confused because is the 700 mA for one LED or all three?

The 700 mA will one ONE Red LED properly. Also 9V batteries are not good for our purposes.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yes I have the 6 AA battery holder. What buck puck is appropriate for that? Do I need one at 1000 mA or two more at 700 mA?

Your best bet is to power just one LED with the 700mAh. You wouldn't be able to cram all the batteries you would need (over 15v) to run three buck pucks and LEDs plus I don't think you understand that the white will take away from the reds.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok thanks for the advice!