Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Costume coming together...but I need some opinions and ideas!

Going to have to be tomorrow. The padding is soaked from scrubbing the toothpaste off in the sink, and I want to make 100% sure all the paint is dry before it gets anywhere near the linen robes.

How it turned out:

Some claw marks on the front from an encounter with...something, and a pair of blaster scorch marks on the back from some cowardly bastard while in some wretched hive of scum and villainy. I scrubbed off the carbon scoring, but obviously never got around to repainting...

I must know what Bronze paint that is for reasons.

Since its for reasons, I'll happily share.

IIRC, it was listed as "Bronze" or "Dark Bronze" on the Home Despot pricing label on the shelf beneath it. It sprays on nice and coats well even with a single coat. I put a few on, but only for durability when I was scrubbing toothpaste off.

Here is the armor with the robes. Please ignore the lack of proper Jedi Footwear, as I got lazy and didn't want to dig them out.

The front is a bit small, but it replicates "real life" ballistic armor fairly well as far as sizing...typically your plates are from the top of your sternum to your belly button, to cover and protect the heart and lungs. That seems to work ok here too, just protecting the vittles from stray shrapnel and blaster shots. It would also be easy to expand upon with some belly/groin armor plates affixed to the belt, and possibly some pauldrons hanging below the shoulder spaulders and covering part of the upper arm, stretching in toward the chest a bit. Maybe in the future. For now, done. Its basically just for Halloween this year, although maybe in the future I will make some better armor from scratch and go to a couple cons for fun. I have plenty of friends who go, so maybe I will tag along. One of them is in the 501st, so probably knows all the good events.

Anyway, thanks for the help picking colors, weathering, and ideas for the trim. Didn't turn out too bad for a quick job.

Very cool. For some reason how you have the armor set up reminds me of the classic green Power Ranger. Especially with the green robe colors. Looks good though. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

looks really good with the robe on .Not so much without it.
    Sith Happens

Honestly, that's sort of my opinion too. Still, 99% of the people in the bars at Halloween won't know any better. They will ask "what are you?"

Actually, the shoulders really help keep the robe in place and on. Kind of handy, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetora View Post
    Honestly, that's sort of my opinion too. Still, 99% of the people in the bars at Halloween won't know any better. They will ask "what are you?"
    Thats what the sabers are for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Thats what the sabers are for, right?
    That's the 1% who are sober/smart/observant enough.

nice double blade combination