Thread: Accent LED Resistor Check

Default Accent LED Resistor Check

Ok, so I want to wire some stuff, and I want to have a second set of eyes on my resistors.

1st, I ordered a 5mm RGB CC LED with the following max ratings: (http://pub.ucpros.com/download/YSL-R596CR4G3B5W-F12.pdf)
    R - 20mA, 2.2v
    G - 20mA, 3.4v
    B - 20mA, 3.4v

I will be wiring this to a PCv3 to use the PWM signals from the FlexiBlend engine (FoC pads). I don't need a resistor for the G and B, correct? And I should use an 82ohm 1/4 watt resistor from the store for the R, correct?

2nd, I ordered a pair of red illuminated tact switches from JQ, so I would again use the 82ohm 1/4 watt resistor if using the accent pads on the PC? The switches are rated at 2.2v max, but no max current is given. JQ said I would be fine using them without resistors, but I'm a little nervous about that. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

You are correct, and the 82 Ohm resistor will be fine for all of the Reds, including the switches
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com