Thread: Have you seen a plug connecting the blade to the board...?

Default Have you seen a plug connecting the blade to the board...?

I'm working a 2005 ROTS Ani, and when I got everything apart I was shocked to see this plug assemby connecting the blade and clash to the board. I don't suspect that I will be able to just leave that plug in there and complete the conversion.

Any tips on what do do here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

A little late on this, but I had that plug on my 05 MR Anakin saber, confused me a bit too lol But I got it worked out just unsolder the clash sensor from the connector, solder it to the grey wire and another wire to the other lead, then that wire to the positive wire on the LED. Solder the other wires as in the tutorial and bobs your uncle!
    Last edited by tannim31; 02-05-2015 at 12:02 PM.

I don't know that saber specifically, but many of the FX sabers use an LED string based architecture and the connector is how they attach the string to the sound card.

That particular connector was intended to have the blade be removable, but Lucasfilm told MR they didn't want them removable for liability reasons or something, so eventually the connection was redesigned to the style seen in the tutorial. Follow the instructions Tannim posted and you should be fine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well thank you folks... got this remedied quite a while back, but good to see that everyone is still flipping through old posts.
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.