Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hand Protection source/examples needed.

I second TY, some leather gloves or any nice looking glove (what ever suits your look) with well cut EVA foam would work nice
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

I will be using EVA foam for padding under some plates, however I find steel to be easier to work and stays the right shape forever without treatment. Plus it paints well and weathers like a boss.

I did some SCA armor before my carpal tunnel stopped me.
    If you have the skill I would suggest starting with a German gothic style gauntlet but make it blockier and more angled. I don't know that I would make knuckle cops, instead I would jus shingle the fingerplates and have the sides long enough so that they "ground out' on the hilt before the finger does. remember this doesn't have to meat SCA standards 20 ga. stainless would probably be fine.

you can also download the Star Wars The Old Republic game for free at SWTOR.COM and just have a look at what Bioware's artist had in mind. Bear in mind most artist/game designers have no clue how REAL armor is supposed to work. I took one look at the ridiculous shoulders in the game and laughed myself silly.