Thread: First build PVC sabers

Default First build PVC sabers

Hi everybody!

Been lurking for a couple months now.
    Decided to start by building a couple PVC sabers for my 4 year old twins (boy & girl).
    Figured I'd share the pics

20140815_192213.jpg20140815_193019.jpg20140727_191245.jpg20140727_191045.jpg20140727_190851.jpg

Nice work! I love all the extra light up bits!
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

agreed. I love the hearts and stars on the purple saber.

Also, now time for dad or mom to make himself/herself an MHS saber?
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Thanks! I was struggling with coming up with a design for a little girls saber. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Absolutely I learned alot making these two. I'm feeling more confident and am eager to tackle an MHS build for myself

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Those are really quite excellent! If you don't mind me asking, how did you secure the blade and led inside of the pvc?

Those are awesome, can't say I have seen a PVC saber with a crystal chamber before (at least not off the top of my head, its late lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Rastafun36 View Post
    Those are really quite excellent! If you don't mind me asking, how did you secure the blade and led inside of the pvc?
    For the purple one i used a purple thumb screw for the blade retention screw and the main led is sitting behind it. Behind the led in the section with the cutout stars and hearts there is a section of polycarbonate I cutout from one of those guard tubes for fluorescent lights. Behind that are a couple small leds lighting up the cutout section. There are a couple set screws near the pommel holding everything in place.

For the white one I just used a bunch of set screws to hold everything in place.