Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripes on the Luke ROTJ FX emitter plate

Default Stripes on the Luke ROTJ FX emitter plate

Im looking to recoloring the stripes on the luke ROTJ emitter plate silver and black. I put the first coat (silver) down fine, and i was planning on coloring in the black stripes with a marker, but that plan failed miserably as it wont reall fill in too well and i cant get it straight for the life of me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Do you mean the neck? Just tape off what you don't want black and lay some black paint on the rest. If you can't lay the tape straight, use the existing edges to your advantage. Come back with a an exacto, run it on the outer edge and it will trim the excess tape.

If you mean you need to redo all of the black (neck and grips). Just tape of the ends and don't worry about the tops of the grooves. Lay your black down and when it's dry, use sandpaper to bring back the "silver".

I think you are forgetting the base of the Luke is aluminum... you can sand and polish it to your delight.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

no, just the little rubber part that covers the screws on the emitter switch.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There is no emitter switch... the switch on a ROTJ Luke is on the control box. Are you just calling whatever you want the wrong name?

Sound like maybe you mean the circuit board... I'm confused as to what you are refering to.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoto
    no, just the little rubber part that covers the screws on the emitter switch.

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

aaahhh jeez. it doesnt really matter anyway cause ive decided to just slap the ultra sabers logo on there. its his diy kit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoto
    ive decided to just slap the ultra sabers logo on there.

I was just about to suggest that...

I am just lost.

There is a logo where?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

I am having a really hard time with these threads that have to do with other peoples items.

This is Ultra's kit! Ask Ultra!

I don't understand the idea about buying something elsewhere and asking questions here. I get asking about corbin's board, but corbin's board is sold here. Am I wrong about this?

Quote Originally Posted by JediMcD
    I am having a really hard time with these threads that have to do with other peoples items.

This is Ultra's kit! Ask Ultra!

I don't understand the idea about buying something elsewhere and asking questions here. I get asking about corbin's board, but corbin's board is sold here. Am I wrong about this?

Yes and No..

Yes it is rude to ask about competitor’s parts on the forum, however; he had a building question, which is generally expectable. It just happened to be focused on Ultra's part.