Thread: Pommel style 3

Default Pommel style 3

So I'm getting ideas together for my first saber build. I really like the looks of pommel style 3 (the pointy one) for the rugged/classy idea I've got. My only concern is how well the sound makes it thru the tiny holes in the pommel. I want this thing to CRANK. hahaha Anybody have first hand experience with it? Thanks guys, and I apologize if this has been brought up before, I searched but didntt find anything.

Actually, just read the reviews on it (imagine that), and apparently the noise makes it out just fine. I'm an idiot....

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

From my experience the holes are rather small.. For a few people I have opened them up as a custom work fee.. maybe one of these days I will offer a version with larger holes.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You may be able to compensate for the smaller holes by adding hidden sound holes elsewhere on the hilt, depending on your design.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

A little back venting never hurts... To me it makes the sound of the sabers more realistic too...
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

I was thinking I might just drill the holes out bigger, but putting other holes in the hilt and such could be cool too. By back venting I assume you mean venting behind the speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by shiny dog View Post
    I was thinking I might just drill the holes out bigger, but putting other holes in the hilt and such could be cool too. By back venting I assume you mean venting behind the speaker?
    Yes...if you use either the speaker mount v2 or v3, drilling extra holes in the back will allow the speaker to "breathe" up into the hilt, increasing the sound quality by changing the depth of the tone. You will also need sound vents somehwere on the other side of the speaker for it to work properly, though.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Gotcha. Kinda like ports in a subwoofer box or bass cabinet. Thanks for the input guys.

Also thanks Tim, for responding. Its awesome to see a business owner actually engage customers. Cheers!

I second that Shiny! I've been working with Tim on some MHS V2 stuff, and he's super responsive. TCSS has my utmost loyalty. The forums are how and why I got into saber making, and the great people and classy business are why I'm staying with TCSS!