Thread: Wiring diagram check for PC with CEx and R.I.C.E

Question Wiring diagram check for PC with CEx and R.I.C.E

I got my soundcard today! PCv3. I don't have anything else at the moment, but I was still excited enough to start thinking about wiring. Would anyone care to look at my diagram and see if I'm headed in the right direction? The activation switch's ring should always be on.

Rev0.jpg

Not sure why that posted so small. Here's the URL.
    http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5140bf02.png

Looks good. The only change you need to make is the RICE ground should go to the battery ground lug of the recharge port.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That's right... I forgot about that when I drew it. Thanks!

I've modified my diagram. The RICE ground should now be wired correctly. Also, I've added a PLI. I can't find anything on how to wire this, so if you could confirm that this is correct or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking that wiring it like this will only let it be on when the kill key is removed. Also, if it were wired on the other side of the recharge port, would it always be on? I'm not planning on doing this, but I'm curious.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...psf54dfceb.png

RevA.jpg

Does anyone know how to wire the PLI? Should it be in parallel as I have drawn in the diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by cvsickle View Post
    Does anyone know how to wire the PLI? Should it be in parallel as I have drawn in the diagram?
    That would be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Awesome. Thanks.