Thread: Jedi outfit for warmer climes?

Default Jedi outfit for warmer climes?

Has anyone streamlined their Jedi clothing for warmer locations, even if it doesn't meet the requirements for some of the larger groups? Did you ditch the robe or outer tunic? Find canvas boots instead of knee high leather? Or just go for the lightest weight linen your could find? I'm in southern California and it's hot for half the year. Leather boots, long pants, inner tunic, outer tunic, tabard and robe is just begging for heat stroke. Did it looks more like Luke from A New Hope and less like Obi Wan? Has anyone made a character from a desert region? A Jedi who went native? Shemagh instead of a hood? Shao Lin sandals and leg wraps instead of leather boots? Looking for a way to go to Cons as a Jedi without dying.

The rebel legion would be a better place to ask, but I can chime in.

Linens help. Sleeveless inner tunics and outer tunics help, but don't meet RL standards.

Avoid polyurethane boots. Leg wraps are definitly an option, andlook quite nice over a pair of tabi boots.

I'll actually be making my costume out of all linen just for this reason. I have a set from Amazon, mix of cotton and polyster, not good for hot days at all. I've seen a buddy use a sleeveless robe actually from Twin Roses but the tunics had sleeves. I would at least want to use almost move like boots bu that wouldn't bother me much but a classic Jedi look would be cool. I agree with everything said though. Heavy material just isn't good for cons on hot days. x.x
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-