Thread: Tri Rebel Purple Blade Wiring Check

Default Tri Rebel Purple Blade Wiring Check

HI,

So im looking into making a purple blade for my daughters lightsaber and this will be my first attempt. Ill be using a NBV2 @3.7v. Color seperation isnt a concern.
    Can i have the wiring confirmed before starting? Also, does it matter which positive pad I use for the wire going to the board? My diagram has the wire coming of the positive red pad.

Tri_Rebel_PurpleLED.jpg

The LEDs will need to be wired in parallel, and resistored accordingly. both the blue and red (+) should be going to the board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The LEDs will need to be wired in parallel, and resistored accordingly. both the blue and red (+) should be going to the board.
    So I revised my dia and if I'm understanding correctly the wiring should be like what i have pictured, hopefully.

Thanks in advance for any help

Tri_Rebel_PurpleLED.jpg

Eliminate the yellow line, and the (-) on top should go straight to the board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Are the negatives fine in parallel?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedreamz View Post
    Are the negatives fine in parallel?
    Yes, they would be fine in parallel.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

For what it's worth, you might find that you get a better shade / a more "purple" purple if you got your hands on a Royal Blue/Red/Green Tri-rebel or Tri-Cree LED.

The royal blue LED has less green in it than a straight-up blue LED. The lack of green and/or absence of green brings out the more vibrant purple tones.

Quote Originally Posted by ScopesMapeo View Post
    For what it's worth, you might find that you get a better shade / a more "purple" purple if you got your hands on a Royal Blue/Red/Green Tri-rebel or Tri-Cree LED.

The royal blue LED has less green in it than a straight-up blue LED. The lack of green and/or absence of green brings out the more vibrant purple tones.
    Thanks for the input! I'm actually going with a RbGW