Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can you use a power drill?

Get a drill press. Harbor freight has them starting at about $40 + $10 for S&H. Mine has a 3" vise attached to it for more challenging pieces. Use it twice, and you will start looking for excuses to use it instead of anything else.

I know I did...

I think dude is on our youngin list and therefore is most likely limited to what he has access to.

I could go down the street anytime to use a drill press and I also agree that they can be had cheap but I also have used a cordless Heavy Duty drill most of my life and know I can pretty much do anything I want with it.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

I love that motto.

For anyone who has the bucks and space, get a press.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Another advantage I just thought of to using Do-Clo's method of drilling holes wherever he wants them is that if you're using emitter #4 or the other one with holes in it, you can align the slots with your switches and covertec and whatnot...

Hey guys! Im glad to say I did it without having any excess holes! The only problem i had with wrapping tape around the adpater then marking it off then putting it on the sink tube was that the sink tube is a buit bigger then the adapter. The only thing I had to do tho was drill anouther half of a hole on 1 side for each screw, kinda like CO except the c woul be a bit closer to the o. I dont know if any of that made senxe but Im probably gonna make a template then scan and have it for others to download.

As to what James sid, yes I am only 14 and I live in a small Canadian town, so the only welcome place to use a drill press would be my school but my principle doesnt let us bring stuff like that in now. As to buying a drill press, I have the money but not the space, and i also have 3 siblings who allready think its unfair for me to spend my own money.

BTW, this is my money, Iv never had an allowence I work for my pay . My mom thinks its silly that I spend it all on star wars tho. When i showed the Vader suite Im planning on buying she said "I could feed you guys for a month, well actually maybe not."
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Quote Originally Posted by ti-el_terall
    Hey guys! Im glad to say I did it without having any excess holes! The only problem i had with wrapping tape around the adpater then marking it off then putting it on the sink tube was that the sink tube is a buit bigger then the adapter. The only thing I had to do tho was drill anouther half of a hole on 1 side for each screw, kinda like CO except the c woul be a bit closer to the o. I dont know if any of that made senxe but Im probably gonna make a template then scan and have it for others to download.
    A little trick that may help you in the future, instead of wrapping the tape around the hilt just use one piece for the one set of holes and another for the bottom set. That way you just make peel, re-apply to the sink pipe and drill. Has worked well in the past for me.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Hot tip for Canadians...

Sears Canada has a sale on for a 10" drill press for $60.. that's half price!

MC