Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton V3 switch wiring and start up issues

Thank you all so much! I will go to work on it right now and get back to you guys with results.

I will also go and get those batteries soon.

Quick question, does my deep red LED or my royal blue LED drain the batteries faster?

The Blue would make it drain faster just because it can handle more current than the Red (1000 mA vs. 750 mA)
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So cleaned up the board soldering a bit and put heat shrink over the wiring of the switches which you can see in the photo. The current wiring I have right now has a red wire coming from the act pad on the board to the NO on the latching switch, then a black wire from the C on the latching switch to the momentary switches C, a second black wire comes off that same C port and goes to the GND on the PC, I also have a red wire going from the aux pad on the PC to the NO of the momentary switch.

I started her up and i ran into a similar problem as before. The sabers start up sound would occur followed by the extension sound of the saber lighting up along with the LED turning on as well (atleast they were in sink this time) followed by the hum, but after a brief period of time (a little over a second) the saber would just go off (no closing sound) and the whole process would just continue in a rhythm. I found that if I pressed the latching switch down and then held the momentary switch down the saber would stay off, but the second I disengaged the latching switch the saber would continue its odd song. I have not verified the question about the SD card settings however I haven't even toughed the thing yet so I assume it is still at its default setting. The photo shows the momentary switch in the front.
    IMG_0327.jpg

I think it's the switch setting. You will need to set: switch=0

Your other alternative is to wire the latching switch to NC and C instead of the NO and C
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-28-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Could you please go into a little more detail on that? Like how to change it and why it's doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by zannahishott View Post
    Could you please go into a little more detail on that? Like how to change it and why it's doing that?
    Well it's behaving that way because of the way you have the switch currently wired, which is not the way the soundcard is currently configured. It's expecting the switch to act one way and you have wired the switch to act in a different way.

To change the setting, turn the saber off, unplug the battery, remove the SD card, and you can plug it into your computer, and edit the setting in the config.txt file, by erasing the 1 next to the switch setting and typing in 0 in it's place. The manual explains how to do it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

How should I wire my switches to match the current setup of the board? I read through the manual and the part about the switches, it all makes sense but I still am confused about the wiring of the switches.

Quote Originally Posted by zannahishott View Post
    How should I wire my switches to match the current setup of the board? I read through the manual and the part about the switches, it all makes sense but I still am confused about the wiring of the switches.
    I mentioned it earlier, move the wire from NO and put it on NC instead.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Okay I tried that wiring and I am still getting the weird start up turn off things over and over. Theres also this lion roar along with it now.

This is a video of what's happening to give you guys a better idea of what the problem might be