Thread: Illuminated Momentary Switch Questions

Default Illuminated Momentary Switch Questions

Hello all, I need help with switch leads. Though search I did, I was not able to find the information needed.

I have a Av Momentary illuminated purple ring switch:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...itch-P926.aspx

It has four leads: a positive on the top, negative on the bottom, and two unmarked on either side. Can someone please clarify what each lead is for?

ALSO, when testing with my power supply and resistor, the light is on all the time. How do I get it to only light up when pressed.

Well, it sounds like you figured out which two are for the LED. The other two are for the switch part. Getting the light to come on only when pressed depends on how you wire it into the sound card or buck puck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

What if I'm not using a sound card and I have a normal resistor instead of a buckpuck?

Then you're not going to have much control. It'll come on when there is power to it. I'd need to see a diagram.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'll try and upload a diagram later. I'm having some connection issues and can only access the site through my phone right now.