Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: saber sounds and corbin

Default saber sounds and corbin

im pretty sure about 9348934 people have asked this question but i cant seem to find it in the forums....

do you need both the the luxeon 3w driver and the MR FX sound module to have sound and the effects such as clash and coring and retract and such? if someone could help...that would be great...thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you want both extension and retraction plus sound then yes. Corbin's board (3W driver) only handles the LED. You need a separate board to do sound.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

thanks for the ultra speedy reply...ive been here for 2 minutes and got a reply...thats insane. you guys are awesome

Welcome!
    You ain't seen nothin yet!

BTW - you can do a saber with sound and LED only using the MR sound board... not to knock Corbin's stuff (driver) - he's awesome. Just thought it might simplify things for you. Space permiting - you can always add corbins driver in later.

MC

corbins driver is like life, its beautiful lol. i would recomend you pick one up
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

if you want to use the driver adn sound then you could either
    A) buy a MR sound card and hook it up or
    B) buy a hasbro saber, gut it, and take the sound card from it

but MC is right, it would be easier and look just as good, maybe a tiny bit worse, to just use the MR sound board for both sound and driving the led
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

so tell me about this MR thing....it does both what the sound card and driver does eh? where would i find such a thing? i have a ton of hasbro sabers but i hate the clash effect where it flashes...i wouldnt want that with my saber....

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the master replicas (MR) sound card has sound and a very faint power up/power down effect. if you want a really noticable extend/retract effect then you'll want to go with corbins driver.
    if you want to buy a MR sound card then go to ebay and buy a broken fx saber. there are two different sound cards, sith and jedi. choose a sith saber for sith sounds and jedi saber for jedi sounds.
    FYI - the jedi sound card has 4 clash sounds and the sith only has one
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    so tell me about this MR thing....it does both what the sound card and driver does eh? where would i find such a thing? i have a ton of hasbro sabers but i hate the clash effect where it flashes...i wouldnt want that with my saber....
    You can run the LED off of the MR sound board. It's just like a conversion... instead of the string you have the one luxeon. Just like the standard MR though it has zero effects.

There is a minute extend/retract because it's still lighting it like the string, but it's hardly there. In fact some will not even tell, especially when compared to corbin's board.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    the master replicas (MR) sound card has sound and a very faint power up/power down effect. if you want a really noticable extend/retract effect then you'll want to go with corbins driver.
    if you want to buy a MR sound card then go to ebay and buy a broken fx saber. there are two different sound cards, sith and jedi. choose a sith saber for sith sounds and jedi saber for jedi sounds.
    FYI - the jedi sound card has 4 clash sounds and the sith only has one
    pyle what are you talking about? the sith sabers dont have only 1 clash they have many. this includes the vader and the maul. dont post crap that you dont know, sure maybe the hasbro sound cards are like that but the MR's arent.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.