Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian customers... need some input

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Canadian customers... need some input

I am looking at a option to have li-ion batteries stocked in Canada and shipped via canadapost. The store would calculate the batteries as a separate shipment from other items and you would end up with two shipping charges unless you only ordered the batteries. The Canadapost shipment looks to generally be in the $12 range..

I want to know if people think this is reasonable and worth setting up. The other option is to setup FedEx but it would be a lot more expensive if you only needed a couple of batteries. And around the same total price when ordering a larger order with multiple items.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Canada post is better. Not only is it cheaper, but the package will be delivered either to your door or to an outlet near you (all over any major city). FEDEX will ignore instructions to contact before they try to deliver, then will try to deliver at some retarded time in the day that no one that works is ever home at, then you have to travel to the outskirts of the city to collect your package (typically they only have one outlet per location).

I'd say go the Canada post route. I'm lucky enough to live 30 min from the border, so I get everything shipped to a receiving company and go pick it up... much faster and cheaper, but not everyone has that option, and finding batteries that fit in the hilt with the right stats isn't always easy.

I think you'll make a lot of people happy doing it that way.
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

I think it's worth it, I spent a great deal of time trying to find batteries and eventually going with single protected cells from DX, that means holders and possibly soldering your own packs. Anyway I'd rather have just used nice pre-made packs from the store and then the chassis rings to mount it all each time. I think most Canadians here would agree it's far, *far* better to pay a bit more in postage charges and get the batteries we actually want than to try and hunt down alternatives. Thanks Tim!

Either option would be appreciated but of the two I'd definitely prefer Canada Post...the issues with FedEx [and other couriers to be fair] that Darth Silentium described have all happened to me too. Not every time but often enough that I consider Canada Post much more reliable, in my experience. Personally I'd be very happy to pay a ~12.00 Canada Post second shipping charge to be able to add Li-ion battery packs to my TCSS order. Thanks for thinking of us Tim.

Those not in Northern America prefer FedEx Or Canada Post if they could send to us too haha $15 isn't much to pay for the convenience of getting access to battery packs ready to go and that match other TCSS items. Please please something to suit international buyers

Canada Post for sure. Thanks for thinking of us Canucks

I prefer how Canadian post works. As for the shipping cost I am very much willing to pay it for reliable products that will work with your products. Thank you for thinking of us.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Canada Post would be my preference. And $12 is very reasonable, those battery packs can be a pain to get a hold of here.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks for setting this up. It will make it much easier for your customers here.

I concur with all the others. Canada Post is the best way. I don't mind paying an extra $12. The last time I tried ordering batteries myself, it cost me close to $60 extra with all the added fees. (It was a large order.) I had to pay the company I ordered from an extra fee for hazardous goods shipping, and I got hit with a COD fee when they landed at my door. I was not happy.