Thread: Parts list for my first MHS saber

Default Parts list for my first MHS saber

Just wanted to check in to make sure that I'm getting all the right parts. This is a stunt saber, but I might add sound later.

Hilt style 4 (guarded switch hole)
    Pommel style 3
    MHS choke style 2
    MHSV1 Blade holder style 12
    MHS sleeve material (for shroud work)
    Battle blade 1 TCSS style 1" (36" length)
    MWS guarded style latching switch
    Rebel star/MHS heatsink module (green)
    8/32 x 1/8" set screw
    8-32 1/4" socket head
    Drill and tap service for blade and covertec
    Covertec clip
    Covertec button
    BuckPuck 1000ma 4-wire
    bunches of O-rings

Anything else I'll need?

Welcome to the Forums.

You will need some type of battery solution, and if you get rechargeable batteries, a recharger for them. You will also need a pommel insert and a c-clip to hold it into place.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

You will need some type of battery solution, and if you get rechargeable batteries, a recharger for them. You will also need a pommel insert and a c-clip to hold it into place.
    Whoops, yep, the batteries. Thanks. Actually, the pommel is the one with the pointed tip, so I won't need an insert.

Be certain your battery solution is a minimum of 5v, or the BuckPuck won't operate properly. 4x alkaline, 6x NiMH, or 2x li-ion are all valid choices. Alkalines are not rechargeable, but NiMH and li-ion are. The li-ion solution will take up the least space in your hilt, and provide the most runtime between charges.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!