Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I want to install a NB v2 in an Ultrasabers Overlord

The saber is wired and works wonderfully!! Thanks for all your help! However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it so that when I pull the kill key the ring on the switch lights up. Right now it lights up along with the main LED. I found a few diagrams but they were so messy that they weren't of much help.

To have the switch led come on when you pull the kill key, you'll need to wire it to the 3.3v pad on the NB, as FJK shows with the red lead in this picture:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    To have the switch led come on when you pull the kill key, you'll need to wire it to the 3.3v pad on the NB, as FJK shows with the red lead in this picture:
    I have the red lead hooked up as shown, so it must be the way I hooked up the negative lead.

image.jpg Here is the diagram I used which claimed to light the LED in the switch when the kill key is removed. But it doesn't.

If I instead wired it like this one, would it be correct?image.jpg
    Last edited by Mackin944; 08-02-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: More info

The first diagram takes the negative from the main LED so the AV switch LED will only light up when the main LED does and would be subject to any flicker/ramp effects. The second diagram is how I wired my AV switch, with the negative to the board negative. I can confirm that the AV switch LED will light up once you remove the kill plug if you use the wiring shown in the second diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackin944 View Post
    I have the red lead hooked up as shown, so it must be the way I hooked up the negative lead.
    The negative would have to be attached to the board negative, or directly to the switchable tab on the recharge port for it to work when the kill key is pulled.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.