Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want to install a NB v2 in an Ultrasabers Overlord

Default I want to install a NB v2 in an Ultrasabers Overlord

Hi all! I bought the Overlord saber from Ultrasabers at my local con a few months ago. I had no job at the time, so I couldn't afford one with Emerald sound and all that fancy stuff. I was wanting to install a Nano Biscotte soundcard in my saber, and would like to know any and all parts I would need to do so. Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the Forums.

You would need the sound card (obviously), a momentary switch, a main LED, a speaker and a (preferably 3.7V Li-ion) battery pack.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hi Mackin, welcome to the forums.

At the very least, you will need:

1 litium battery rated at 3.7 volts (the NBs optimal voltage)
    A resistor for your led, depending on the color
    A momentary switch (the latching one in your saber won't work with the Nano)
    A speaker
    A recharge port if you want to charge everything internally (And a charger)

That should get you started. Don't neglect to read the user manual a few times before getting started. It is more complicated than a list of parts. You need to study how it all goes together as well. Have fun, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Hi Mackin, welcome to the forums.

At the very least, you will need:

1 litium battery rated at 3.7 volts (the NBs optimal voltage)
    A resistor for your led, depending on the color
    A momentary switch (the latching one in your saber won't work with the Nano)
    A speaker
    A recharge port if you want to charge everything internally (And a charger)

That should get you started. Don't neglect to read the user manual a few times before getting started. It is more complicated than a list of parts. You need to study how it all goes together as well. Have fun, and good luck.
    Thanks for all that!! What size resistor would I need for the green LED?

In order to determine the resistor for the blade led, you need know what the specifications are (Brand name, max current rating, etc.) and what battery source you plan to use.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay is correct. Part of the reason we recommend you read the manual. The parts I recommended are merely a starting point. Chances are you won't need a resistor for the green (off a 3.7V battery, at least) but you should familiarize yourself with what you are currently using and brush up on the manual first so you have an understanding of how to calculate resistors.

Okay, I believe I have a list of everything I need besides a resistor for the LED. Or should I just set the drive parameters instead?

Here is the list:

-Panasonic Li-Ion 3.7v 18650
    -3.7v Li-Ion Smart Charger
    -Nano Biscotte V2
    -16mm anti vandal short momentary switch green LED ring
    -2.1mm power jack
    -NB header and wiring harness
    -Kill plug style 5
    -28mm Bass Speaker

I am completely inexperienced when it comes to circuitry and electronics, so I was hoping someone could set me up with the proper wiring diagram. I also want the kill plug to be functional. I saw a build where removing the kill plug booted up the saber, and that's what I would like to accomplish. I apologize for my noobiness. haha If there's anything else I forgot, let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mackin944; 07-23-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Looks like you have almost everything you need. You will need a resistor for the LED that you have, whatever THAT is.

I had posted these diagrams which should more or less cover what you want to do. The second one looks close to what you want to do. You may need to subtract some of the "extras" but the basis is there and in the NB manual with I recommend you go through a few times.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...and-accent-LED
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I found out that it's a green P4 LED. What resistor will I need?

The green P4's had a maximum rating of 1000ma @ 3.5vf, if memory serves, so you would use a 1 ohm, 2 watt, or you may be able to skip it if you adjust the "drive" parameter in the config.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.