Thread: First Saber... Thank God for this Forum!

Default First Saber... Thank God for this Forum!

I didn't want to be one of those guys, but I don't want to forget anything soooo... Here is my parts list for an LED hilt. Did I get everything?

HILT
    1 of: MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 17
    1 of: Hilt style 2
    1 of: MPS Pommel style 7
    1 of: MPS Clip
    1 of: Brass MPS Insert style 1
    2 of: MHS choke style 1 short

Electronics
    1 of: Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module
    1 of: MWS BuckPuck
    1 of: 7.4v Li-ion 1050mAh 14650 Battery Pack
    1 of: SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button

Blade
    1 of: LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)

Did you mean to order two chokes? Another thing I noticed is you don't have a blade retention screw. I see your pack, but are you planning on charging it in the hilt? If so, make certain you order a recharge port, or barring that, an adapter for the charger to jst so you can still charge the thing.

Make sure you order the service for the guarded switch and the drill and tap for your blade retention.

That's all I can think of. It looks like it will be a fine saber. Good luck.

I saw your design in one of your other posts.

Like Ty_Bomber said, you will need to get a recharger for your battery, whether you recharge it in the hilt or out, you will need something to recharge your battery pack with. Ty covered the rest. Good Luck!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks guys! So I left out the retention screw and tap service because I have a drill/tap set here already, and I couldn't find a retention screw that I liked. As for the charger, once again I already have that because I fly model airplanes... but the charging port o_O. I figured I would just pull out the batt and charge it like that, but it would be way cooler to keep it all together to charge huh?

That all depends on what you're comfortable with.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I prefer in-hilt recharge myself, but if you go to a lot of conventions or troop with one of the costume charity groups you may find it prudent to be able to swap out the pack.