Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jay-gon's Brass Saber #29

Great work as always Jay!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Just went through your entire brass series and I have to say this is my favorite one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    I love it but I'm scratching my head as to how some of the sleeves are attached, are you using internal set screws?
    There is one reverse/internal set screw on the emitter, but the rest are either epoxied in place, or in the case of the large sleeve sleeve, held on by the switch and the bezel.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 07-20-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typos...

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ordinary day in the office, I just arrived back from lunch, feeling not much inclined to work in the next say quarter of an hour, so I opened the browser, selected the TCSS Forum and looked at the new posts. I saw this one, I said to myself, why not idly look at some sabers...then I opened this link...then I gaped...and I gaped...and I obvioously kept on gaping until my colleague next to me asked if I was all right...
    WOW

Here's the review vid on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KrfD_dT-ag

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Beautiful work! Have you tried force patina-ing the brass? I do force patina on the brass tubes for my vaporizers, and it comes out a lot like marble

Ugh, this is just beautiful work with the brass, its not too much at all, while still being showy and standing out

This is an absolutely beautiful saber! Your shroud work is so clean and elegant, and while I am deeply impressed with it, I really think my favorite part is the choke section. I've always thought that the MHS chokes were just a bit too skinny, so I've planned to build a saber with a thicker choke. I love the way you did yours.

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

You sir are Devine ! Absolutely beautiful!
    Be forgiving of the past, hopeful of the future and mindful of the present.