Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Devil's Jango Helmet and Costume Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar2k2
    Good luck getting a cold cast Jango bucket on TDH... The guy never answers his PM's for any of us. He's the same guy that has the actual studio mold too.

The only other good helmet that I've seen is the BKBT, and I can't afford that one right now. Well, I can... I'd just rather spend the cash on other costume parts, and upgrade the bucket later.
    Well you could always recast that one and do it cold-cast style. I mean... it's just for you, so it's not like you're making it for production. Cold casting is not too hard it's just adding aluminum powder to your resin in sufficiant quantity. It shines up like nothing else.

Nice work on the bucket Devilstar. I plan on starting my Jango costume after the first of the year. I just got done with my Anakin ROTS and I need a break for a couple of months. I like what you have done so far.

I am frustrated with the cold cast bucket maker too (name left out to prevent slandering). Why tempt everyone with these pictures of cold cast buckets and gauntlets and then not respond to posts, pms, or emails. Why tell everyone hey I got actual casts off movie items and then not do anything else. I understand being busy we all are, but don't lead people to believe that you are going to offer them. Well that is just my 2 cents for the day.

I may have to just break down and get a BKBT. I looked at the metal armor from wickedbeard and it looks really nice. Have you seen it Devilstar? I sent him a pm and he is very prompt and friendly. The armor is a good price as well. I may just go that way for the armor. Now if I could find some nice blasters and those pesky elusive boots.

Quote Originally Posted by oubliette
    Thanks Wolvers, you boys just better not leave the toilet seat up in the clubhouse, or it's gonna be a rumble!

-oub
    Welcome to the brotherhood Oubliette,

If we ever get a club house we will try and remember not to leave the seat up

I guess this also means no more scratching and burping since we have a lady in the ranks.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

well, i think we can leave in the belch and burps part, just watch the toilet seat deal.

lol

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

McD... I have Wicked armor on the way already.

Also, got SGB to do my suit and vest.

Added a couple of pics to the top post... Did some rub n' buff, and a little dark blue...

Made some progress... See top post... The 'star' on the dome is just my ceiling fan. I had someone ask, so I thought I'd make it clear up front.

Its on the home stretch... See top post... Just need to do the stalk and magnetic ear cap. Its just taped on for the pic.

Added one last pic of what I'm calling the final product... I still need to drill a hole in the cheek, and maybe weather the RF some more, but its pretty much done. Pic is in the top post.

-Shawn

I scrapped my Jango project and went back to Boba... Kinda sucks too, I was looking forward to doing a Jango, but the lack of fiberglass pieces available really irked me. The armor I had was okay, but it would have had to be upgraded eventually, so I sold it off before it would have taken any damage trooping.

I might try again if BobaMaker starts offering his fiberglass Jango armor as a full set. He said he was considering it, so only time will tell.

Heres the stuff that I had and sold off... Not pictured is the BKBT fiberglass bucket that I had. Now, THAT was a great bucket.