Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is there a way to get FOC without a sound board?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I've not used one of those myself, but I thought they supported FoC.

From the store page description:
    I've never seen them used that way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I wired up a clash sensor to the STAT and STAT- on the Constant current LED driver in my first stunt saber.

Cannot say I was impressed with the effect. More blink-on-clash.
    The LED would go out, flash and then return to its shimmer effect.
    There was also a notable delay between the clash sensor connecting STAT and STAT- together and the effect.

Ahh. That would be why nobody uses those for the Flash on Clash effect.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zen View Post
    I wired up a clash sensor to the STAT and STAT- on the Constant current LED driver in my first stunt saber.

Cannot say I was impressed with the effect. More blink-on-clash.
    The LED would go out, flash and then return to its shimmer effect.
    There was also a notable delay between the clash sensor connecting STAT and STAT- together and the effect.

I have seen a LED driver with Clash on Flash which one of the Saber Smiths sell but I am not sure if I should mention it as this forum is for the Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by v1b1n View Post
    I have seen a LED driver with Clash on Flash which one of the Saber Smiths sell but I am not sure if I should mention it as this forum is for the Custom Saber Shop
    The driver being discussed is something JQ Sabers has. As to how well it works? I have no idea.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-20-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I just caught this thread and asked FJK to re-open so I could post. There is certainly a way to do this that would be pretty simple and not expensive.

Here's how to get FoC using the $0.20 clash sensor that TCSS sells (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cl...020P-P485.aspx)

The clash sensor is a switch. It is normally open. Let's say, for instance, that you use a tri-rebel RRW. You could bridge all of the positives and then bridge the two reds negatives with the appropriate resistor. Then you could wire the clash sensor in with the negative for the white die (properly resistored of course). When the clash sensor is triggered, you'd get FoC. It wouldn't shut off the red dies but you'd definitely see the white flash. It would be better with something that will really pop like a GGB or GGR or something like that but it should work and wouldn't be hard to pull off. And, of course, it could be adapted to any number of multi-die LED options.

I have some clash sensors and am absolutely going to test this. Have you done this yet? I am really curious what this looks like. Thanks for sharing.